Well, it has been about a week without posts, and that's because we've been in Iowa. That's right, we made our annual trek to the farm to visit Dennis' parents ... and all the cows and sheep, the tractor, site of the annual 4th of July parade, etc. This trip is a favorite for Abby and Tyler ... they had been talking about it for months. We have LOTS of pictures, so I'm going to have to post over the course of a few days. Here are the travel to Iowa pictures. Abby and Tyler toted their own toys and games for the plane ... finally! I did have to carry a bag too, but I'm convinced that soon enough they'll be toting MY stuff, right!

They really do a great job on the plane ... Abby loves to read and color, and both of them enjoy the mini-DVD player. Thank goodness for that!

We brought our own flight attendant, Gloria, along on this trip. Actually, we were too stuffed from snacking on all of the goodies we brought, we had Abby's 4th of July teddy bear keep track of our oh-so-generous snack provided by Delta (HA!)

Oh, this is the look I got from Dennis the whole second leg of our trip, after I almost made us miss the flight out of Atlanta. The kids and I were having a splendid time in the bathroom (they hate the self-flushing toilets, but are all about the self-dispensing soap and paper towels ... we had to try that out several times) when we got a panicked call from Dennis that the lady was about to close the jetway door. Oops ... forgot to check the time. We made it!

And, when our luggage arrived in Kansas City, we were VERY glad for the rolling carts. Two carseats, carry-on bags, and luggage PLUS two kids makes for QUITE a load.

And THAT explains why I was feeling a bit FRAGILE by the time we got in the rental car! Just kidding ... it really was a smooth trip. Off to the farm!
No comments:
Post a Comment