Sunday, November 16, 2008

Floor Reveal ... coming soon!

Sorry for not having posted photos of the floors. I seriously have been busy cleaning up from the aftermath of the installation every waking moment since the installers left. And, I wasn't quite happy with my "after" pictures, because I took them before all the dust was cleaned up, so I was going to take more pictures after things got moved back in, and yada, yada, yada! I promise, I will post some pictures later today, along with some shots I took of the kids enjoying their new "race track!" So glad we can now get rid of all of the toys, as they just enjoy running! Maybe I can discontinue my gym membership and just run laps around the house like them too!

I am going to get in SO much trouble if Dennis comes back from taking the kids to Sunday School and Sam's Club and there isn't a significant amount of things back in the house (he is done with having art supplies in the bathtub and china on the train table ... and I kind of am too!), but I had to share one funny from our clean up day yesterday. I wanted to shine the dining room table, which was coated with several layers of dust, so I reached under the sink for my favorite wood polish. Normally I don't do it this way, but I squirted a whole "heck-of-a-lot" (real word!) on the table itself and started polishing. About three quarters of the way across the table, I thought to myself, "hmmm... I don't remember this stuff being green, and why doesn't it look like the table is getting as shiny as usual?" Well, that's because I grabbed the WRONG WHITE BOTTLE!


Yep ... I scrubbed our formal dining room table with cooktop cleaner! AMANDA BETH! Oh ... it's okay (the table) by the way ... and it's clean enough to cook on now too!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

I can't believe you put oven cleaner on your dining room table...I'm so glad it didn't ruin it though!