Friday, November 14, 2008

Rain, Rain ... go AWAY!

I don't have to tell any of you moms out there ... but getting ANYWHERE with children, in the rain, is nearly impossible. This morning, we were greeted by pouring rain ... and of course, since our garage is full of house stuff, the van was outside! Good thing Mom got me a very colorful, golf-sized umbrella for my birthday! Oops ... it was in the car too! Yes, I'm complaining AGAIN! Just getting Tyler (and his bag and my purse) in the car and to Advent was a chore. My hair I had just styled, and the outfit I had just put on got soaked, and Tyler started crying because his ARM got wet! Then, a lady on Thomasville Road decided she would go 10 mph in the lane I was traveling in (and no one was in front of her). Turns out she wanted to get over to the right, but do you think she was using her turn signal? NO! To end the commute, I cut BOTH of my hands on the previously mentioned umbrella! Today ... I'm staying indoors at Advent - helping put together the school directory. It's selfish really, as there's no way I'm headed outside again until it stops pouring. Couldn't it have waited to rain until I was home?!

1 comment:

Momof3 said...

I feel the same way about the rain and don't even mention the snow! We had our first snow today and since I am trying to stay out of "germy" play places, I packed everyone up and headed to the rec center for some pool time. (We would have just played in the snow, but Eric didn't want to go out in it) At least the sun came out around 10 and now the snow is BEAUTIFUL as it melts!

We can't wait to see the floors...