Thursday, November 20, 2008

Better late than never!

The floor installation interferred a bit with our Thanksgiving decorations and preparation. We started a tradition a few years ago, of writing down our "thankful thoughts" at Thanksgiving dinner. Last year, we attempted to record our daily thanks, and we talked about making a Thankful Tree in 2008. Well, we just got around to it ... which means we only have one week to fill the branches. Previous years' leaves added some color ... and I must say, the tree is a nice addition to the breakfast room wall. The kids helped me get started on the project yesterday afternoon, but I finished it last night. One might say I became a bit obsessed! Dennis came out and said, "What is this? Ms. Mandy's homeroom?" Ha, ha! Laugh all you want Dennis ... but even though I went to school for communication, I can decorate a mean bulletin board! We'll take a picture next week (before we change things out for Christmas in the house) and see how the tree is filling up. WAIT! Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't leaves "fall" from the tree, not accumulate? Oh well! Anyway ... help us fill up the tree. We will transfer your "thankful thoughts" from an email or comment on this blog, and we'll gladly use some of our favorite "sticky tac" to hang it from the tree!

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Smith Family said...

The Smith family is very thankful to have such wonderful friends like the Schnittker's as part of our extended family!