Well, dear blog readers ... this has been a busy week! We can't really complain (but I will!), as we DID choose to have these hardwood floors put in. Honestly, compared to lots of other people we know (like poor little Daniel, who is thankfully on the mend!) we are great! But, I seriously don't know what end is up at this house! The guys installing the floors left this evening and said they would be back in the morning to finish a bit of caulking, then clean everything up. So, I should be able to take "after pictures" tomorrow when we get home and post them to the blog.
Then, my task will be putting this house back together. Tyler says he's tired of having the contents of our dining room china cabinet on his dressers and train table. And, since he isn't allowed near this area ... he can't get to all of the playrooom toys we stashed in his room. The garage is bursting at the seams with all of our furniture and accessories, and we need to remove at least 2-3 pieces of furniture from our bedroom to make it liveable again. Crazy thing is ... three of us are living in that room now (or will be when I finish these posts). Tyler has been our roommate this week. I've let him fall asleep in his bed, then moved him over to our room before I hit the hay. He's typically a middle-of-the-night visitor ... just ambles across the house when he wants ... and I didn't want him to trapse through the LAYERS of dust/sawdust on the floor, or worse yet, step in residual glue on his trip across the house. I actually think I've reminded him too much this week that we shouldn't walk on the floor (or at least in bare feet). Just a bit ago (around 11pm), I found him sitting right inside his door crying for me, while trying VERY HARD to put his Crocs on so he could come to the "big bed!" Poor thing!
In the next post, I'll share some pictures of our only normal day this week. We stayed at the Little Yellow House (thanks Mom and Dad!) and had a wonderful Veteran's Day. Then, it was back here to the mess! Seriously ... I LOVE the floors, and I don't mean to complain ... but thank you for letting me do so! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment