I know you all like posts about the kids (or at least I think you do ... if not, visit some other blogs, right?!), but I felt the need to do a bit of random blogging tonight. I don't care if you were for McCain or Obama during this year's presidential campaign, watching the election coverage last night (primarily both candidates' speeches) had to have made the majority of Americans feel a sense of pride! I personally, am not a huge politico, nor am I one to watch hours upon hours of election results, or sit glued to the TV news (yes ... I know I used to be in the profession!). But, I couldn't tear myself away from the election coverage last night. True, I took a little nap on the couch while we were waiting for the polls to close on the West coast, but I was really moved by significance of this election. We talked about it a lot here with the kids ... how history would be made regardless of the election's outcome. And, with all of the hubbub at school, etc. yesterday, I must say our kids got really into it. Abby was truly bummed that she couldn't stay up to see the results. She asked me to wake her up and give her the news ... which I did, but she forgot! Guess I don't retain much information when woken up from a deep sleep either. Anyway, I felt it today ... pride, that is. Hope, even if the guy you wanted didn't win, you felt it too! Sounds colloquial, but I'm proud to be an American! And, I'm glad Dennis and I were able to witness this major milestone with Abby and Tyler.Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Pride
I know you all like posts about the kids (or at least I think you do ... if not, visit some other blogs, right?!), but I felt the need to do a bit of random blogging tonight. I don't care if you were for McCain or Obama during this year's presidential campaign, watching the election coverage last night (primarily both candidates' speeches) had to have made the majority of Americans feel a sense of pride! I personally, am not a huge politico, nor am I one to watch hours upon hours of election results, or sit glued to the TV news (yes ... I know I used to be in the profession!). But, I couldn't tear myself away from the election coverage last night. True, I took a little nap on the couch while we were waiting for the polls to close on the West coast, but I was really moved by significance of this election. We talked about it a lot here with the kids ... how history would be made regardless of the election's outcome. And, with all of the hubbub at school, etc. yesterday, I must say our kids got really into it. Abby was truly bummed that she couldn't stay up to see the results. She asked me to wake her up and give her the news ... which I did, but she forgot! Guess I don't retain much information when woken up from a deep sleep either. Anyway, I felt it today ... pride, that is. Hope, even if the guy you wanted didn't win, you felt it too! Sounds colloquial, but I'm proud to be an American! And, I'm glad Dennis and I were able to witness this major milestone with Abby and Tyler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment