Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Alter Egos

I had to cut my blogging short this morning because we had to leave for church. Here are the rest of the pictures from Halloween. Since Tyler was Chewbacca, Dennis decided he would accompany him as Han Solo, and he kept joking that I should be Princess Leia. Not thinking I would have the time or energy to come up with a costume, I ignored the suggestion. But, something inspired me on Friday afternoon.

I love Google! I put in "make Princess Leia costume" and it told me exactly how to do it. White bedsheet ... check! Dennis had been complaining about our backup set for awhile. The website told me how to make the pillowcase into a hood as well. White slippers ... check! Gold belt ... check! Well, once I got a wide belt from a neighbor across the street and applied a bit of spraypaint. And, I knew I had the black earmuffs. The look on Dennis' face when he walked in the door was priceless.
Here I am saying "Help me Obi Wan ... you're my only hope!"
And, here's a better shot of the flamingo ... taken earlier this week when she went to the Petite Players Halloween party. She was doing the flamingo pose here.
So the kids didn't eat sugar and only sugar on Friday, we got together with our friends the Watsons and Wrights before Trick-or-Treating. Shelby was a very outgoing Seminole Princess and Lucy was a cute black cat. Shelby ... we think in an effort to score more/better candy ... complimented each homeowner on his/her Halloween decorations. At one house she actually said, "I like your decorations ... but I say that to everyone!" Leave it to a five-year old.
When we got home, all of the candy we left out was gone! The neighbors reported we didn't have a lot of traffic. I guess Abby's sign worked too well.
We weren't hurting for candy though. A couple of hours of trick-or-treating resulted in very heavy candy bags ... and very tired children. Right after these photos were taken, they crashed. Abby was literally begging to go to sleep! She takes after her father!
Look at all of this candy! Maybe he can trade it in for some pants! :)
It was a very happy Halloween!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

I love all of your costumes Mandy...what a creative bunch the Schnittker family is!