Abby and I did something special this evening: we watched "Annie" together! Why is this monumental? Well, I was just about NUTS about the Annie movie back in the 80s when it came out ... and I've been counting the moments until I could introduce my kids to this long-time favorite. Tonight I got that chance. In a couple weeks, I'm taking Abby to the traveling version of the Broadway production, and I thought she'd better understand the story if we watched the movie first. Well, I'm happy to report that she loved it! The kids have actually heard me sing songs from Annie since they were babies, so it was so fun to see the look on her face when particular songs appeared in the movie. I might even have gotten a bit misty-eyed when Abby and I sang together to "Tomorrow" during that scene of the movie. Dennis is counting the days until he can introduce the kids to his childhood favorite, "Star Wars." However, he's a stickler. He says they'll each have to wait until they are 7 years old ... the age he was when he saw Star Wars for the first time!

1 comment:
Oh, I have such great memories of Annie as well. The next time Uncle Aaron comes to Tallahassee, he will have to show you how to be Sandy. He spent a good deal of time practicing for that role, under the tutelage of none other than his sister Mandy!
Post a Comment