Well, today marks 8 great years of marriage for me and Dennis! Unfortunately, he is traveling today ... to New York City ... for a work project. No worries - we were able to get out for a date this weekend, and I bet we'll get to go out again while my mom is visiting. I thought it was funny ... this morning Abby told Tyler: "Daddy leaves for his VACATION today ... he'll be gone for three days!" We all laughed, but it's the truth! Three days of getting to sleep without interruption, eat out without children ... and especially getting to do all that in NYC! I tell ya, I deserve some pampering too. I'm getting a massage while Dennis is gone. Seriously! A couple other Abby/Tyler funnies from the past few days. Since last week's Cotillion class (see previous post) Abby has been practicing her "power words" (Yes Ma'am, No Sir, etc.). Well, I think I threw her off last night. When I asked her somewhat sternly to do something for me ... she answered: "Yes (longish pause) ... uh, Your Highness!" Well, at least it was respectful!
I happened to run into Tyler and his class at preschool one day last week. I was helping set up the staff luncheon, and wanted to get the message to a particular teacher that I had purchased the Chili she was responsible for bringing. Tyler was on his way to see that teacher, so I asked if he would pass the info along. Later, I learned that Tyler told Ms. Anna: "Mommy got the COLD!" Cold ... chilly ... chili ... same difference, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment