Thursday, July 15, 2010

Drama King?

Is there such thing as a Drama KING? If so, I've found him!

The other day, Tyler jumped off the foot of our bed (he's been telling people he was "trying to fly!") and somehow he hurt his foot ... pretty badly. Grammy was hanging out with him shortly after the incident, and when I returned, she told me he was having trouble walking. Since we were planning to go out of town the next day, we all agreed x-rays were a good idea, especially considering Tyler couldn't walk on his foot, and he wouldn't even let us touch it! Luckily we have a great Urgent Care facility, that is a wonderful alternative to the Emergency Room. They took us relatively quickly, albeit at dinnertime. When we got back to see the doctor, and I had explained his "injury," the doctor began his examination. Imagine my surprise when Tyler didn't even flinch at the doctor's touch ... nor did he yelp (as he had been doing for us). In fact, he told the doctor it didn't hurt. I guess I must have looked shocked. "Tyler?" I said, "What's the deal?" And this is the face I got ...



Me thinks the boy was pulling our chain! And, truly I can't believe he duped us!



But, he looked like the cat that ate the canary here on the exam table ... and he just loved the attention he received from the nurses. Getting x-rays was also a big, new experience for Tyler. Unfortunately, the entire process took just under three hours, only to leave with a pretty clean bill of health (which WE had figured out a couple hours earlier!) It's only a sprain ... which is hard to explain to a little guy who likes to run and jump. He's strained it more over the past week than he should have, and you better believe he's milked the injury for much more than it's worth! But you just gotta love him. He's my little stinkpot!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Now really folks--I will attest to the fact that that little guy couldn't walk. No way he knew how to "fake it" that well. I was the one who suggested he be x-rayed (Sam seconded that one!). I still can't believe he perked up to soon after the urgent care visit. On the other hand, glad he did because I was in charge for the weekend. Carrying him around would have not been my favorite thing. Stop growing Tyler!!!!!