Well, it's happened ... the children are officially "in cahoots" and working against me!
For about two weeks now, I've been able to gracefully avoid Abby's attempts to spend a large part of her savings on a new Webkinz. She has asked often ... okay, about 50 times a day ... if she could please, please, please buy one with her "own money." She has written diary entries about the things she would do to earn one, documented her progress in wearing me down in said diary, and generally not shut up about the whole thing! Well, I guess she wore me down, because somehow in my not-quite-on-the-ball state today, I apparently agreed to let her buy one. She was driving me NUTS!
Then, to make matters worse (and I really don't know how I let this happen), Tyler expressed interest in getting one too. I said, "no" (because why does a four-year old boy need a Webkinz!?!) and at first he seemed fine with the decision. But, Abby convinced him he should buy one. She told him he could have his own Webkinz World on the computer! I countered, "Well, that would be fun, but there's no way Tyler has enough money for a Webkinz. Oh well." Guess what? He does. Awhile ago I found them, Noah's Ark bank open on the floor, counting out Tyler's money! So I pulled the "what have you done to earn this?" card. But, they made a list of the chores they would accomplish in the next half hour (on their Magnadoodle!) and got to work. They were even brushing their teeth (at 3:30 p.m!) for goodness sake!
So, I ask you, what do I do? I guess we're going Webkinz shopping this afternoon. But, do I spring for half of their Webkinz? Do I let them buy the whole thing with their own money? Why not, right? We buy them things all the time! But somehow I feel guilty. That's like stealing a kid's money from their piggy bank. BUT ... on the other hand, haven't we plopped about two-thirds of that change in there when we've found it in jeans pockets, etc!?! Input please Blog readers. Thanks!
1 comment:
How much are those little things?
Post a Comment