Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weird Tallahassee Trees

These trees are a mystery to me ... why are half of the branches covered in spider webs? I've seen them all over town lately! Bonus points to the person who can help us out. Inquiring 4-, 7-, and ??-year old minds want to know!

UPDATE: Okay, Marc Smith (who apparently once worked during a summer at a garden center) says they are pests of some sort. And, Dennis seconds the motion ... saying he remembers trees on the farm getting taken over by these pests. I guess Bill used to take action and fumigate the whole tree. Interesting! The kids and were just thinking it was the work of a very overzealous spider!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Marc has work A LOT of places over the years...I'm sure he could provide insight to many other questions that you're dying to know. :)