
The VBS theme was great - lots of space and earth lessons, and they all tied into God. Remind me to tell you sometime about mom and Jenn's philosophy on VBS. Let's just say I don't think Cokesbury is going to be calling them up to design a curriculum! To keep my preschoolers entertained when they got squirrelly, I let them find "martian messages," make comets, play "From the Earth to the Moon," run a supernova relay, sing "I'm a Little Rocket," etc. But I have no pictures of those activities. Here are a few shots I snapped throughout the week with my new phone. As you'll see, I hadn't exactly figured the camera part out at the beginning of the week. The shots are blurry. But, you can make out the "space telephones" the kids made in science ...
And the sunshines the little guys painted in art ...
On the last day, I threw the SLR in the bag, so these are better photos. In science, we made an "excitement explosion" to celebrate Jesus' life. You can only imagine how this group of 11 four-year olds giggled with delight when the baking soda/vinegar combo popped the bag open!
At the closing gathering, the kids were so cute dancing together. Grammy helped me out on Thursday and Friday, and she can attest, they were adorable ... but we were glad to send the non-Schnittkers home with their parents at noon that Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment