I had her count the money out and hand it to the cashier, then take the receipt and change. What a foreign concept ... usually she helps me swipe my American Express! Sunday, August 17, 2008
With her OWN money!
Abby was so proud of herself yesterday. We took the kids to the Scholastic Warehouse Sale, where we always love to stock up on books for future reading, gifts, etc. I didn't want the kids to think they were going to come home with a stockpile of new books for themselves (they have a TON of books ... trust me!) so I told Abby she could buy one herself with her own money. How guilty did I feel taking quarters out of her piggy bank that she's been "feeding" since she was one year old? But, it was worth it to see her spend just over $2.00 of that money on a Magic Treehouse book that she SO wanted to buy.
I had her count the money out and hand it to the cashier, then take the receipt and change. What a foreign concept ... usually she helps me swipe my American Express!
I had her count the money out and hand it to the cashier, then take the receipt and change. What a foreign concept ... usually she helps me swipe my American Express!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment