Saturday, August 23, 2008
Storm Day
Okay ... so the storm actually did hit Tallahassee today (a day later than originally projected!) While I did venture out to my Saturday morning workout class (which was canceled due to a power outage that happened RIGHT before the class started!) and a couple errands, the rest of the family spent the whole morning inside. I guess they were getting a bit stir crazy, so after lunch, Dennis announced he would take them outside to play in the rain!
I was happy to let them do it, and was enjoying the dry house ... but they looked so cute. I had to grab an umbrella too in order to get these shots. The rules were few: step IN as many puddles as possible, and don't poke your sibling in the eye with your umbrella! 
We are STILL getting rain. I think so far we've had over 10 inches today. Thank goodness we don't live in a flood zone! When we came back inside, I was lured into the playroom to see the cool Thomas track everyone had set up this morning. But, if you're a regular blog reader, you KNOW I can't help myself when it comes to laying track! The kids moved on, but I stayed put adding "just one more thing" to Dennis' masterpiece. I like all the curves to be symmetrical and I insist we use as many pieces of track as humanly possible. I seriously can't go near the trains ... I become a woman on a mission!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment