Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tyler Flies Solo

On Wednesday, Tyler has his first official day of the school year at Advent Parish Day School. This is his second year (last year he was in the Toddler class), but his first attending without his big sister. And, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (or one of those a week ... depending on how much I need to get done that week) he'll fly solo for real! I sub at Advent, but only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings ... pretty much never Tuesdays and Thursdays. So, Tyler can assume there are no Schnittker women peeking in his classroom window those days. We just trust he'll be on his best preschool behavior! So far ... so good. I've heard that Tyler has great manners, is a good listener and is having a ton of fun. On the first day of school, he got right down to business, kneading flour into the playdough. Helpful ... as it was kind of a sticky batch, and lots of fun too Tyler reports!
One big hit is playing with the water run in the courtyard. Here, he and Avery are checking out some of the water "toys." Ms. Cindy warned parents of the children in her class that the kids are going to get messy. In fact, she isn't afraid to admit that her class can probably get the messiest. Great!
While Tyler does seem to love school, he has relished the afternoons when Abby gets home. Yesterday afternoon they were very busy in the playroom ... and when I peeked in, this is what I saw. Tyler was dressed as a crayon (use your imagination ... but I have NO idea how the horse fits into the equations!)
And Abby was a red marker!

No comments: