Monday, August 18, 2008
'Twas the night before Kindergarten...
Yes ... you could say we got a bit carried away making sure Abby was all ready for kindergarten. As Dennis pointed out, it was slightly reminicent of a certain holiday in December. First, there were the "kindergarten-eve presents" Abby received at the pool from the Smiths and Auntie Jenn. Then before bed, we read "The Night Before Kindergarten" ...
After that, we sprinkled the "Jitter Glitter" Abby's teacher gave her outside the front door. Similar to the reindeer food we scatter on Christmas Eve, no? By the way, Jitter Glitter is to get rid of the jitters and help you sleep well the night before school starts.
And before they went to sleep, Abby and Tyler left their bookbags open hoping for a gift from the "Backpack Fairy!" I stole this idea from Family Fun magazine ... thought the kids would like it. And they did ... the Backpack Fairy did not disappoint. She left Abby a new dress to wear to school sometime this fall, and Tyler received a new book and a couple plastic bugs. I fessed up and told Abby the Backpack Fairy was me ... wish I hadn't, but I think she was with me when I purchased that dress. Darn! If I had talked it up a bit more, she might have left some cookies out on the mantle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment