Well, I think I may be turning into a Southern gal! I tried boiled peanuts the other day at a restaurant, and now I'm hooked. Wouldn't you know, I've avoided them all this time while living in Tallahassee, and they are really good! Dennis thinks I'm crazy ... but the kids like them too! Now, for those of you who don't know, I was born in Pennsylvania and grew up in California and Maryland. I had never heard of boiled peanuts until a couple years ago.Another southern food that lures me in at times: Cheese Grits! Well, it's really only been in the hospital. I discovered them when I was recovering after having Abby, and actually looked forward to ordering them again when I was back to deliver Tyler. Now, that could have been because I hadn't eat for a whole day, but don't get me started on that...
No comments:
Post a Comment