Thursday, June 12, 2008

Let there be -NO- light!


We're ready to conserve some energy here at the Schnittker house! Every morning when we leave the house, I yell about how many lights I have to turn out. Typically it's four or five in a row: Abby's room, Tyler's room, bathroom, breakfast room and kitchen. True, the kitchen is not their responsibility, but Abby seems to have some immunity to turning off the wall switches in her room and bathroom.


Well, Mr. Tyler's on the case now! He was SO excited this morning when I tasked him with turning his light off from now on. We moved his stool over to the wall so he could reach ... and for a few minutes it was like a thunderstorm (on-off-on-off, etc!) He was so proud of himself. Watch out City of Tallahassee, we won't be forking over as much money for utilities NEXT month! Well, scratch that ... it IS summer and our air is working overtime!






No comments: