I just wanted to end the day with an ode to summer. Things I've enjoyed about summer so far (some real, some sarcastic!):
1. All the time in the pool. The kids LOVE the water, which is a good thing because they start swim lessons this week. It can't come soon enough for Tyler, who doesn't remember his swim skills from last summer but has NO FEAR of the water whatsoever.
2. Summer Grillin! Dennis has grilled a couple very yummy things recently, like these peppers and squash. Yum Yum!
3. Not having a schedule, but having to plan for my daughter's benefit (okay, mine too!) I mean it, Abby asks me every night at bedtime, "So, what's the plan tomorrow?" I don't know where she gets this! :) She has actually been quite bummed that there's no school, but seems encouraged if I can come up with one cool thing that will be happening the next day. Apparently Abby doesn't go for the response Dennis and I have been giving her: "Every day is fun ... it's summer!"
4. The heat! And this is the sarcastic one. It's getting QUITE hot here in Florida.
5. Being with my guys and gal 24/7. They drive you nuts at times ... but they make me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment