Monday, September 8, 2008

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E ... woo!

Cheers all ... and welcome to football season! As Aaron would say, FSU's first 2008 "GAAAAAMMMMEEEDDDDDAYYYYYY" started off just great. We were excited for the game, and even though Mom and I vowed NOT to get carried away with tailgating plans, we couldn't help ourselves! Among other things, she made muffulettas (yum!) and I contributed some GARNET and GOLD jello shots! A friend of mine, Jen Fennell, used to make these years ago for their tailgates (she probably still does) but I had never tried it. They went over great ... even with my mom! Martha ... thought you'd be curious ... those were NOT a recipe from the Jello cookbook you gave me this summer, but I did grab some tips from the Jello Jiggler page when I made these non-alcoholic football shaped jigglers for the kids. We had my parents's FSU tent/canopy up ... but even that couldn't cool us off. Halfway through the tailgate, we remembered what was said last year. Tailgates in September are WAY too hot! Tyler had his shirt off for part of the pre-game festivities (trying to cool off), but it's back on and he's all smiles here with Grandan.
When we made our way into the stadium, Abby stopped for a quick turn on the BIG drum ...But Tyler wasn't as sure about the loudness! He's so funny about things like that. He plugs his ears at Chick fil A in the kids area, and when I grind the coffee, etc.Here's a picture we all took with Chief Osceola ... and a close-up shot of the "Go Team" pennant Abby stamped to prepare for the game. She got this idea from the stamp box that sits on her activity table. On Friday afternoon, I found her in there "creating" ... and was shocked to see that she put this together (tape and all) by herself.Unfortunately, right after the team left the field following their warmup, they announced an hour-long rain delay. We tried to wait it out with the masses (see the picture of Tyler and Dennis) in the concourse, but after the second batch of showers came, Mom and I took the kids and headed (through pouring rain) to the car. Dennis and Dad saw one touchdown, then left (for a sports bar) when the game was delayed again due to lightning. The Seminoles ended up doing great when the game resumed ... guess we'll get to see their moves at next week's game!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

LOVE the picture of Grammy Linda doing the Jello shooter! That is priceless!! GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!