- PLAY-DOH was initially a grayish-white color
- The formula for the original PLAY-DOH compound still remains top secret.
- If combined, the total amount of PLAY-DOH Compound manufacture since 1956 would weigh more than 700 million pounds. That’s equal to the weight of 159 fully-loaded Space Shuttles.
- Approximately 95 million cans of PLAY-DOH Compound are manufactured each year.
- If all the PLAY-DOH Compound made since 1956 was extruded through the Fun Factory®, it would make a "snake" that would wrap around the world nearly 300 times.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
National Play-Doh Day
Did you know about this "holiday?" Play-Doh, a kid-favorite for sure, has been around since 1955! 
I planned a Play-Doh themed craft day last September for a moms club the kids and I were involved in ... so that's how I knew about it. This year, instead of making our own playdough (which was a catastrophe last year when I forgot a major ingredient!), I simply broke our goods out and let the kids play with them after dinner. Let me tell you ... they love playing with the stuff, but I hate the mess Play-Doh makes. If National Play-Doh Day fell later in the week (after the cleaning lady will be here) we would have had to celebrate differently. You should have seen the floor!
Since I have them handy from last year's activity, I thought you might find these facts fun:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment