Friday, September 5, 2008

Homework!

Yes ... even in kindergarten, they have homework. Abby was very excited about this development, until she realized completing the homework wasn't an option. For the past couple nights, getting her to complete "assignments" has been a bit like pulling teeth. I think we're going to start doing it earlier in the afternoon, as getting her to sit down after dinner (when she's worn out from the day and messing around with Tyler) is tough. Mind you, Abby has always been the type of child who can sit and color, do a puzzle, read books by herself for a long time, but she's actually been having a hard time getting through these assigned tasks. We're talking about easy things like "draw a picture of your teacher" and "draw three items from the classroom and write their names." It's not rocket science! Dennis thinks I'm being too tough, but I've told Abby she needs to do her homework when we've set aside time to do so. Last night, when she was lurking about, listening to a conversation Dennis and I were having, I told her I was going to have to send her homework folder "back in with blank pages ... then what would Mrs. Shaw think?" She didn't seem impressed. Updates to come!

No comments: