
At first Tyler, Abby, and her friend, Anabelle, were just excited to see the sign (which I asked them to pose by when we drove in from the last day of school - June 4th). But they got really pumped once I told them there were presents waiting for them on the patio table ...

The "Welcome to Summer" banner is now a tradition, I guess. I made one last year for the kids, and gave them their summer "passports" and listing of Mommy Camp theme weeks. Well, this year, I had Tyler's help on the banner (he got out of school a week earlier than Abby), and I'm sorry to say we're not planning specific theme weeks. Bummer, I know! Furthermore, "summer" did not wrap her gifts; she (me) simply threw some new pool toys, a few books ... and some regifted craft projects in a big 'ole basket!

Hey, it was a busy week! But, seriously, these children have toys more than they could ever want ... and there are craft projects galore waiting on the playroom shelves. So, this summer will be spent working on things like our crystal growing kit, color-your-own t-shirts, a wall-applique family tree, a couple mosaic stepping stones, writing a book, and more! We are also working our way through the "Which Way USA" workbooks, given to Abby by Grandma and Grandpa (she LOVES these, but doesn't find as much time to do them during the school year). And, we're planning a couple days on the history, myths and foods of Ireland, since we recently purchased a new Magic Treehouse Book and accompanying Research Guide about leprechauns. Can't wait to spend a bunch of time with my two favorite munchkins!
1 comment:
I can't wait to come to Tally (after we return from Aruba) and spend some "summer time" with those two munchkins.
Post a Comment