Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Smart or Sassy?

You be the judge ... is this smart or sassy? There's no denying, crafty is one word to describe her (and that can be interpreted two different ways as well). It seems Abby is always asking for ribbon, markers, scissors, tape, glue, etc., to put together her latest invention or creation (like "Box City," made entirely out of discarded boxes from our recent trip to Sam's Club!) So, I didn't think anything of it when she asked for tape the other day. Next thing I know, she has called me into her room for a peek at the project she had been working on. I said, "What? Why do you have that paper on your head?"
And, Abby flips it up to reveal the words, saying something like "This will be great for the next time one of my project requires parent involvment." "Get it?" she says. "I'm UNDER adult supervision!"Then she laughed like crazy! What a stinker. But she's clever ... I'll give her that. And she thought of it all on her own. But, I admit, she got her love of "punnies" from me. I'm wondering if I need to cut down on the riddles I pack in her lunch each day?

No comments: