Sunday, June 6, 2010

Star Wars Mania

We had a big Star Wars weekend here. Lots of rainy weather, which means Dennis was able to show the kids the other two parts of the original Star Wars trilogy. If you're behind on this "saga" ... here's what you missed:

- Dennis saw Star Wars when he was seven-years old, when it came out in 1977 (did you do the math? Yes, D is turning 40 this year!)
- He loves the movies (putting it mildly)
- He has waited (not so) patiently for Abby (who might I remind you, is a girl!) to turn seven, so he could share Star Wars with her
- Dennis has taken great measures in recent months to ensure neither child learned the secrets of Star Wars, despite the fact that Tyler's four-year old buddies play it on the playground
- He caved and let Tyler join in on the fun(!) when Abby's birthday finally arrived (the younger sibling does many things by default)
- On 5/21 Dennis showed both kids the original movie ... and since then they've been talking about nothing else!
- Now, Dennis can't help himself. Episodes 5 and 6 (Empire and Jedi) were shown this weekend (Dennis says due to the rain, but I think he was planning it!)
- Who knows what the plan is for Episodes 1, 2 and 3 ... but personally I think they are a bit scary. So, guess who (yes, Dennis.) is going to be comforting scared children if they start having nightmares!

Anyway, to make up for my spoilsport attitude, I got in the game this weekend and made some spoofs of the Star Wars movies, starring some super actors. Bet you'll recognize them! Now, some of them were willing to participate (like Tyler ... who is officially obesessed with Star Wars), but others (the Orlando and Tampa folks!), won't know they were lucky enough to land roles in the productions until they see themselves here. Hope they don't expect compensation!

Episode 4: A New Hope
Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
(Note: they do take a bit of time to load)

Oh, and here's one more for good measure. You could call it the "director's cut!" Dennis really thought it was fitting for him to appear as Darth Vader in the three spoofs we did. But, when we just watched them before posting them here, I could tell Dennis was jealous of "Aaron Solo" ... who gets lots of facetime. So, I did "The Empire Strikes Back" with an all-Schnittker cast.

Enjoy (or at least don't talk about how nerdy we are behind our backs)! For the record, I am not into the movies as much as I am into this funny JibJab technology. One of the spoofs above, and this Monster Mash production we did around Halloween, was free. BUT, in order to do all three Star Wars spoofs, I had to join JibJab. So, guess what kind of cards you're all getting for your birthdays this year!?! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew Star Wars could be such fun!!!!!!!

The Smith Family said...

LOL...those were all hilarious!