Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our Week with Abby

I mentioned that Tyler "vacationed" in Tampa and Orlando last week, which means Dennis and I only had one child here with us. What a difference! Now, don't get me wrong, we missed Tyler so much. But, it was a nice break ... and a nice chance to focus on Abby. She enjoyed a golf-tennis-swim camp during the mornings last week, but in the evenings we played games, went to dinner, and watched big girl shows (i.e. some shows from Disney Channel - iCarly, the Suite Life ... ones I just haven't thought "we" were ready for yet). Actually, we had several big-girl conversations on the way home from dropping Tyler with Uncle Aaron, then again when we went to meet Grammy in Gainesville to retrieve Tyler. Let's just say, Abby knows a lot about nature now ... the birds and the bees (!), and beautiful sunsets, like this one from last Sunday night. The week alone with Abby will be memorable for sure, but I think the two car rides we shared will stand out in my mind for a long, long time. We had such fun conversations. She's growing up so fast! Well, unless I stunt her growth with candy first! Hey! It was 3 boxes for $1 and we couldn't decide what snacks were best for our drive.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I'm all for stunting her growth! Lets eat candy and keep Abby little forever. Would have given anything to be there for the car talks :-)