Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Speaking of Spirit ...
I'll try to keep this one short, but I've laughed about it quite a bit recently. Back in 1995, when I transferred to FSU from Miami of Ohio, Aaron helped me get "in the game" by taking me to my first Seminole football match up. Having spent two years at a school where football was NOT king, I thought nothing of my wardrobe choice for that first game (see below). But Aaron was appalled. I told him I sincerely doubted that lots of people would be wearing garnet and gold. Well, I was wrong of course. I soon discovered that having school spirit was cool at FSU!
Fast forward to 2008. At Abby's elementary school, every Friday is Spirit Day. Well, we bought the Roberts t-shirt, but she had already wore it to the Zoinks event and something else. "Why wear it again?" I asked Abby on the first Friday of school. "I sincerely doubt everyone will be wearing the school colors ... let's just put another cute dress on you," I said. Well, AGAIN I was wrong. When we pulled up at car drop off, EVERYONE was wearing green. Oops! Sorry Abby! I've learned my lesson. Rest assured, we do put the green t-shirt on her every Friday now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment