Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Shopping

Note to Self: do NOT take the children into the Halloween store next year! I've never laughed so hard ... while simultaneously feeling like an awful mom! The kids were begging me to take them to the Halloween store (that takes over space in a strip mall for the season), so I gave in one weekend. They said they would be brave, but they were ALL talk. As soon as we got through the door, both were clinging to me for dear life. In fact, I don't think Tyler removed his head from my shoulder the whole time we were there. Even though I had a few items on my list to look for, we had to spend our entire visit in the "not as scary" children's costume section. When we left, I had Abby's face buried in my leg, and Tyler clawing at my shoulder. Both were screaming about the ghoulish sculptures that line the entrance. I was appreciative that some teenagers held the door open for us as we ran out! And, wouldn't you know ... as I opened the door to the car, they were both begging me to let them peek back in the windows of the store. Kooky kids! Trick-or-treating on Friday should be some fun!

No comments: