Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Our Daily Routine
Tyler and I have gotten into a routine now. Every day, we get to Roberts around 1:45 (give or take) and park at the far end of the parking lot to wait for the students to be dismissed. When we see Abby's class (Kindergarten always comes out first ... even before the 2:00 p.m. ending time), we walk up to get her. But, usually we have time to read a book or two in the back seat (or truck ... glad I suggested that one time, huh?) of the car before Abby joins us. Tyler just loves this. He's at such a fun age (when he's not in a mood!) and just loves being my pal. Our "parking spot" is also right near the Roberts Garden, so we regularly check in on the vegetables and flowers growing there.
Here's Tyler in waiting mode ... right after a haircut (doesn't he look dapper?)
When we come home, it's off to nap for Tyler ... and Abby and I "do snack" and catch up about her day. I usually get all of the good stories in the afternoon, so I take mental notes for Dennis and stack up the treasures and projects she brings home for "show and tell" during dinner. One day, she came home with this "anatomy apron."
Would you believe, they've been learning about every part of the body. This girl knows the technical names for all parts of the brain, our bones (she can name ones like the "clavicle" and "scapula"), etc., etc. Dennis has to comment regularly that he doesn't think he even knew how to write his name at this age ... I think he's remembering wrong, but Kindergarten is pretty cool now. Funny story about the anatomy apron. Abby was so excited to show it off when it came out of the backpack, but there was a slight problem with her brain ... it wasn't hers!
I really tried not to lose it, but I couldn't help but chuckle when she kept saying (over and over) "This is not my brain. I lost my brain!" (Hey, Abby - I lose my mind every day!) Apparently, Ricky's brain made it's way into Abby's cubby at backpack-stuffing time. Serious problem for a 5-year old, I know! I'll try to keep it together from now on. She might cut me off on the details of her day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment