Okay everyone, stop your gripin' - I'm back on the blog (at least for the moment)! I know it's been over a month since I've regularly blogged (as many of you have reminded me). But before I get pictures and more on here, I'm going to tell you why I've been absent.
Super September
It started with my mother (bless her heart!) and a super-quickie deadline for Coke. Mom was here to help me get through the first part of that, as well as odds and ends during the couple weeks leading up to Tyler's birthday. Anyone who knows me ... knows I don't stop, and can you guess where I get it? In the midst of working on my project for Coke, Mom and I accomplished several projects here ... including some SUPER-cute capes for Tyler's birthday party (you'll see them in an upcoming post). We also held a monster tailgate, that wrapped up three home football game weekends in a row (tailgate pictures also to follow). So - not to blame mom, but when you have a partner in crime whose project tolerance is higher than yours ... it's very easy to fall off of the blog-bandwagon. After mom returned to Orlando, we held Tyler's Superman birthday party, and celebrated him turning THREE for what seemed like two weeks straight with various friends and family. To add some excitement to that busy stretch, my Coke deadline was put on hold ... then suprisingly jumpstarted at the last minute (it got done in time though!) and everyone got sick.
Overloaded October
Let's see ... there have been a few get togethers with girlfriends (don't worry! for me ... not Dennis!), children's plays to attend, an acting stint with a local production company (Dennis and I both participated), a couple date nights (Dennis and I felt the need to get out and breathe!), picture days, school field trips, a long weekend in Orlando that included trips to Disney and Sea World (pictures will post ... I promise) and ended with me turning, well ... old! I also felt the need to consign (and shop) at the fall One Week Boutique. And, we've been enjoying Halloween season (a couples costume party last weekend, decorating) and the increasingly crisp fall air that kept us outside nearly all day Sunday!
Hello! My Name is Mandy and I'm a Committment-a-holic!
Oh, I've had a few other things on my plate recently. Yes ... it's MY fault. My plate is full because I'm a frequent guest at the committment buffet! This past month I have gotten very involved in additional projects at Tyler's preschool, began helping with the Sunday School program at our church, continued my weekly volunteer gig at Abby's school, got involved in the PTO, began working with a personal trainer a couple times a week (and have tried to keep up my daily workouts as well), AND I've gotten a glimpse of my job for the next 13 years ... driving children to and fro (to and from school, to activities, to birthday parties, etc.) Needless to say, all of this (and the REALLY good fall TV schedule) has made me want to just become a couch potato in the evenings.
OKAY ... thanks for reading. Many of you probably just skimmed, which is fine. Regardless, you've saved me lots of explanation in the entries I PROMISE to begin posting this afternoon. Did I mention, poor Tyler is home sick today?! We have an appointment in a half hour to have his throbbing ear checked. I have had the luxury of being online because the poor thing has been napping for the last hour. I must run, because I promised Abby I'd string some pearls to "fancy" up her Halloween costume for this afternoon's Petite Players Halloween party! Too-da-loo!
1 comment:
Ok...yes...you spend too much time at the "committment buffet"! Slow down, take a breather, GEEZ! I didn't skim anything, I hung on every word of this posting on your blog...this is the only way I get to catch up with you these days. I hope our little Tyler is okay...give him lots of love from his MIA godmother! :(
Post a Comment