Tuesday, December 22, 2009
A caroling we go...
On Sunday evening, Grammy and Nanny joined me and the kids as we caroled with our church's Sunday School group. Abby's first grade class made "Chrismon Trees" to take to St. John's parishoners at retirement homes, or to those who aren't able to make it to church on a regular basis. Jeremy, Audrey and Abby (just three of many in the first-grade class who came along) were so proud to take the trees to the people and explain the meaning of all of the ornaments they made this month in Sunday School.
Tyler was just happy to be included. No song sheet needed here ... he'll tell you "I can't read!" But I love his face in the photo below. Mom and Nanny really liked caroling (I think), and we all enjoyed riding on the charted bus around town to the various stops. It was like a party on board!

I was so impressed with how well Abby and Tyler did greeting the elderly residents at the nursing homes. Little do they know, on Thursday (Christmas Eve), they are helping me deliver Meals On Wheels to people from our church. Hopefully they'll do just as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment