Monday, July 6, 2009

Fireworks on the Fourth!

We had SUCH a great 4th of July! The only thing missing was Daddy! He reports that he had a wonderful time at his 20th High School Reunion in Iowa though. I'm teaching a preschool camp this morning, but I wanted to get these photos up on the blog for Dennis (and all of you) - it's just the fireworks portion of our day. I'll post the parade (I use that term very loosely) and the rest of the day's fun later this afternoon. As you'll see below, we LOVED the fireworks ... this was really our first attempt. The kids have seen fireworks at The Magic Kingdom, but that was a whole different experience. Here, we could "ooh" and "aah" from the comfort of our picnic blanket. You'll notice that I'm partial to the white displays, but it was a long show with LOTS of colors. Abby said would "remember it for a long, long time!" Isn't that great? Tyler also liked the display, but kept a firm grip on his ears ... because it was "too loud!" Enjoy!

2 comments:

Dennis Schnittker said...

Oooh! Aaah!

Looks like it was fun. Excellent photography too. Thanks for the photos. Miss you guys.

Daddy

Grammy said...

I loved two things in particular about the fireworks...1) easy driving to and from 3-5 minutes each way, and 2) Tyler telling me the next day that he liked the fireworks display and wanted to go again!!! Good ooohing and aaahing Ty--Grandan's practicing with you all day really paid off! We missed you Dennis.