Hi everyone! Vacation Bible School has begun here, which means we've shifted gears ... it's no longer circus and clowns. Instead we're all about Camp E.D.G.E. (Explore + Discover God Everywhere). I am teaching Arts and Crafts in the "Art Apex!" Fun, fun! Actually, it is ... and it's pretty easy compared to last week. But, I DID get to play with balloons last week! Here's a little wrap up of Friday at Clown Camp. I taught science ... balloons and static electricity. I'm sure you know a balloon rubbed on the top of your head will make your hair stand on end like Albert Einstein. And a negatively charged balloon will stick to the wall too. But did you know it will "bend" water? So cool. It will also repell another balloon (hanging in a doorway), and it will pull an aluminum can toward you. The kids thought these experiments were cool!

But they really liked seeing us stick a skewer through the middle of a balloon. Martha and Bill - I learned this one from the Iowa Science Center, remember? I DID pop a few in the process (putting some kids on edge) but overall this experiment worked great. I also did another "trick" with pins and balloons ... they won't pop if you put a pin in a piece of invisible tape.

The kids had a bunch of fun on Friday (and the whole week long really!). They made clown cookies in cooking ...

And they got to enjoy them at snack time with snowcones ...

I thought this shot of Tyler's buddy, George, was too cute not to share.

Oh, and another activity from Friday was a whole discussion on circus sideshow acts. Ms. Katie had the kids pretend to be human pretzels, by shaping letters from their bodies. Wish I had gotten to see Tyler's group do this too, but I did get a shot of Abby.

The may have made a "B," but we gave Advent Camp and "A!" A fun experience! (but hard work too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment