My bold little dude really threw me for a loop the other day. On Friday, I took he and Abby to a special dinner out at Red Elephant (a thank you for their patience during a busy week of VBS) and before dinner even arrived at the table, Tyler announced he had to use the potty. Well, as I started to get up, Tyler darted down the hallway leading to the restrooms (we were sitting pretty close to them) and right into the MEN'S bathroom! What do I do? He's at that age where he's too short to reach the toilet comfortably, so he has to completely manhandle it to get on to do his business! And that's JUST yucky! But I also couldn't run in after him, for obvious reasons. So, I loitered outside the men's bathroom for several minutes, before grabbing a pre-teen boy and asking him to go in after Tyler. He did, and out comes Tyler ... grinning like the cat that ate the canary! I asked, "did you wash your hands?" and he quickly turned around to head back to complete that task "by myself!" But, I figured we'd give them a REALLY good wash in the women's restroom! Fortunately, Abby was able to run into the bathroom herself (I'm okay with this ... she's been doing it for awhile), but as she informed me when she returned, she "couldn't reach the soap," so she, "just scrubbed hard!" These children!Saturday, July 18, 2009
Bathroom Broohaha
My bold little dude really threw me for a loop the other day. On Friday, I took he and Abby to a special dinner out at Red Elephant (a thank you for their patience during a busy week of VBS) and before dinner even arrived at the table, Tyler announced he had to use the potty. Well, as I started to get up, Tyler darted down the hallway leading to the restrooms (we were sitting pretty close to them) and right into the MEN'S bathroom! What do I do? He's at that age where he's too short to reach the toilet comfortably, so he has to completely manhandle it to get on to do his business! And that's JUST yucky! But I also couldn't run in after him, for obvious reasons. So, I loitered outside the men's bathroom for several minutes, before grabbing a pre-teen boy and asking him to go in after Tyler. He did, and out comes Tyler ... grinning like the cat that ate the canary! I asked, "did you wash your hands?" and he quickly turned around to head back to complete that task "by myself!" But, I figured we'd give them a REALLY good wash in the women's restroom! Fortunately, Abby was able to run into the bathroom herself (I'm okay with this ... she's been doing it for awhile), but as she informed me when she returned, she "couldn't reach the soap," so she, "just scrubbed hard!" These children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment