While it is relatively easy (one craft per day, the groups all come to me, about 50 kids total) - it is tiring. But that's mostly getting me, my craft supplies, and the kids ... all there by 8:30 a.m. And might I add, along with the stuff we need for our afternoon activities. Yesterday this was lunch, bathing suits and such for an outing to the lake/mini-beach at Maclay, tomorrow it's gymnastics, etc.At this point in the week, I think we should change the name to "Camp - I'm over the - E.D.G.E." In the craft room, I've helped the kids make camp bags, paper stars, binoculars (love those paper towel rolls! But did I like staying up until 2:00 a.m. cutting them and stapling them together? NO!)
Friendship bracelets. We did this today, a very easy craft ...
But don't ask me to help you make a yarn star! I completely failed on this craft on Tuesday ... didn't prepare! So, I quickly changed it to stars of Bethlehem, made from paper plates/coffee filters. Here's what the yarn starts are supposed to look like! (I stole this picture ... and the others above from the Internet. Didn't take the camera much this week)
Tomorrow is the last day - picture frames to hold the kids' camp pictures. I was to have made these from popsicle sticks, then the kids were going to decorate them. But I hit the $1 aisle at Michael's and bought the frames instead. I figured it would be our monetary donation to St. John's! My creativity is tapped and I'm ready for a week away with my hubby! I even skipped Bunco tonight because I just needed some time at home to clean up some of the messes I've made over the past two weeks. I come home each day with a bag of leftover craft materials, storytime props, or dirty clothes and artwork! And there's no magical bag fairy that empties these out and distributes the goods (can you believe it!)Okay folks ... check back mid-morning tomorrow. I've scheduled a post that should give you a giggle. It's a peek back in time!
No comments:
Post a Comment