
Yea! Aaron made it in from Detroit (a slight jog from his original point of departure ... Tampa!)
After we left the airport, we put the top down again on the convertible and headed off to Westlake Village (former stomping ground to the Carricato fam!) via Pacific Coast Highway. It is SO cool to be in Santa Monica, with building all around you, then come out of the tunnel and see this ...

But I couldn't see MUCH, because I was getting whipped all around in the backseat of the car. What I really needed was one of those head scarves ... but I wouldn't have wanted to have been mistaken for a Hollywood starlet!

It was SO nice to be back in this beautiful area ... with the beaches, the mountains, and our great friends - the Werbers! I can't believe little A.W. (that's Aaron, the groom, the tall one in the picture below) was getting married. But he found a wonderful bride, Aishia, whom we were so excited to get to know.

As you can see, Kathy was delighted to be celebrating this joyful moment in Aaron's life. We all just wished Aaron's dad (Elliot) and brother (Matt) could have been there too. In this picture, Uncle Mel (Elliot's brother) is standing in for the much loved and very much missed members of the Werber family. Kathy threw a great rehearsal dinner, which even included a letters game. Imagine that - a schoolteacher with props! Mom and Dad got letter "I", but Dad had gotten sick and his voice was all but gone, so Mom did all the talking. She did great, but doesn't she look like a dwarf standing between those two Aaron brothers!?!




At first it was just catching up, but then the dance floor got crowded. What a fun night!

The next morning, Dennis and I enjoyed (HA!) a California-intensity workout at the local Gold's Gym (gee ... I'm SO glad we got those travel passes!) Then, we showed Dennis around our neighborhood.

Things have really grown up in the Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks area, but 3190 West Adirondack Court still looks the same. And many of our same neighbors still live there, which makes it feel like home. I even got to take Dennis down "our greenbelt" to the park where Aaron and I spent half our life, it seems!

Off to get ready for the wedding!
1 comment:
Oh those memories...it was fun going back together and looking around Westlake. Some things change and some don't.
Post a Comment