Monday, November 2, 2009

Raggedy Abby and the Ty-Rex

Oh, there's so many fun things you can call Tyler in this costume, but my favorite is our little "Tyler-rannosaurus Rex." And, of course, the mopped-head one is Raggedy Abby. Didn't they look precious on Halloween!?!I think this will, unfortunately, be the last year we can dress Tyler in some sort of fuzzy, one-piece animal costume. Lots of his friends were superheroes, monsters, etc. But, Ty was definitely game for this outfit ... and he played the part the whole time.
Abby just LOVED her costume! The Nanny/Grammy/Mandy costume design team prevailed ... despite a few glue gun burns (that thing is a monster!) Abby insisted upon wearing her wig the whole night. THANK GOODNESS! And we seriously are taking suggestions about wear she can wear this outfit again. Can she double as Holly Hobby? A Little House on the Prairie girl? What ... she has no idea who those people are? I am SO old! Dennis, although older than me I might add, decided he too would join the dress-up party on Halloween night. He went as a Jurassic Park Dino Hunter. To give him a bit of credit, Dennis pulled this together at the last minute, and I think he looks cute!I considered being Raggedy Mandy (a take off of Raggedy Andy) to accompany Abby, but I ran out of time. So, I was just "I've run myself Raggedy Mandy!"Abby would have trick-or-treated all night long, but Tyler tired out pretty easily. Good thing we passed by our house, so I grabbed the wagon. One problem - it became home to *mostly* empty beer bottles (the adults doing), and Tyler had to prop his feet up so he didn't come home smelling like a brewery!
What a fun Halloween! Can't we arrange it so these kids don't grow up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the Halloween costumes. Dennis, you did a fabulous job on yours!

Linda said...

Oops...I was the "Anonymous" one.