Okay, I admit I may have enjoyed working on this diorama as much as Abby! I'm glad we had to turn it in this morning, because we were becoming a bit obsessed. I kept thinking of nature we should add ... and Abby went slightly overboard on her notes for her oral presentation portion (are index cards excessive for second grade? That was all Abby!) We made the people out of clay and we used just about every kind of plant in our yard to show the summer vs. winter scenes. Did you know Cherokee homes were called "asi" ... or wattle and daub houses? Did you also know that it takes forever to craft a waddle and daub house out of clay and pine needles? Also Abby was quite a stickler about the Indians' apparel. The breechcloths had to being redone because they were "not right." And for the record that was Abby saying that not me! Who am I kidding - the whole thing was fun to do! And it was great to be the able to teach Abby more about research and presentations. Check back with me in a few years and see if her projects are just fun to work on. For the time being, it is manageable, and we are so proud of how Abby is doing in school!



2 comments:
OMG...I do think the 35 year old needs to go back to school to get her teaching degree! She enjoyed this project "way" too much. As for Abby, I just can't wait to talk to her over the T-giving holiday about building her diorama. Why do I think I'm back in Westlake Village, CA??????
By the way...the diorama is fantastic Abby. I'm proud of you.
Post a Comment